Irma has weakened back into a tropical storm as it dumps rain on Florida and is now heading toward Georgia. Everyone is now worried about Jose.
- Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee is considering retiring instead of running for re-election next year.
- Polk County, Florida, Sheriff Grady Judd is being sued for threatening to arrest anybody with a warrant who sought help at any shelters in the county. The plaintiff claims that he was told that he would have to submit to a criminal background check in order enter a shelter, a violation of his Fourth Amendment rights.
- Pope Francis says it's not "pro-life" for President Donald Trump to rescind the program that allows the children of illegal immigrants to remain in the United States.
- Observing the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, Trump said today ""Our values will endure, our people will thrive, our nation will prevail, and the memory of our loved ones will never, ever die."
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull surprised folks over the weekend by campaigning in favor of same-sex marriage recognition, which is currently the subject of a non-binding, mail-in public vote.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.