” We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.” – Ayn Rand
We have already past the point of ultimate inversion, government is already doing anything it pleases. We are already under rule by brute force. Any of these sound familiar?
- Gutting the Constitution by Executive Order
- Never ending spending increases
- Never ending tax increases
- Restrictions on free speech
- Politicians telling you what you can and cannot do, eat, drink, smoke and take. Telling you what you can and cannot do with your own body, your property, your very soul.
- The media telling you how to think, to act, what’s important and what’s unimportant
You’re tired of it. You are tired of all of it. But the party who you are with, they don’t get it either. No matter who or what you voted for, if you voted at all, nothing changed. It doesn’t matter if you are rich or poor, the state takes too much from your wallet. It doesn’t matter if you smoke pot or drink soda, the state is always telling you what you can and cannot do. And you don’t like it. You don’t like it at all. You want to be free from government control over your whole life. From my perspective, we are all libertarians, some of us may just not know it yet. And its time to unleash your inner libertarian.
Freedom Bunker is a daily libertarian news site, featuring an aggregation of articles from the following sites, curated by yours truly. We include:
- The Beacon – the blog of the Independent Institute, A nonprofit, scholarly research and educational organization which sponsors comprehensive studies on political economy.
- The Foundation for Economic Education – a leading non-profit organization in teaching the principles of a free society since its founding in 1946 by Leonard E. Read. Today, FEE focuses on bringing freedom as a life philosophy to young audiences, striving to bring about a world in which the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society are familiar and credible to the rising generation.
- Laissez Faire Today – Laissez Faire’s daily news source. It’s way of giving you some of the most thought-provoking and instantly actionable advice to living life on your own terms – each and every day.
- Lew Rockwell – The daily news and opinion site LewRockwell.com was founded in 1999 by anarcho-capitalists Lew Rockwell and Burt Blumert to help carry on the anti-war, anti-state, pro-market work of Murray N. Rothbard.
- Personal Liberty – from Bob Livingstone
- Reason Magazine – Reason is the monthly print magazine of “free minds and free markets.” It covers politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, commentary, and reviews. Reason provides a refreshing alternative to right-wing and left-wing opinion magazines by making a principled case for liberty and individual choice in all areas of human activity.
- Scott Adams – written by the creator of the syndicated Dilbert Cartoon, contains the same type of witty, and offbeat observations of life.
- Sex and the State – a blog by Cathy Reisenwitz a D.C.-based writer. She is Editor-in-Chief of Sex and the State and her writing has appeared in The Week, Forbes, the Chicago Tribune, The Daily Beast, VICE Motherboard, Reason magazine, Talking Points Memo and other publications. She has been quoted by the New York Times Magazine and has been a columnist at Townhall.com and Bitcoin Magazine. Her media appearances include Fox News and Al Jazeera America. She serves on the Board of Advisors for the Center for a Stateless Society.
Join us – subscribe to our daily updates – maybe honor us with a guest post or two – we’d love to hear from you. We’d especially love to hear your take on the future of the liberty movement in America – what are our next actionable steps moving forward.